With all the hype and varying degrees of disappointment and excitement, I thought it would be a good idea to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. This Pro/Con list will be ongoing (hopefully), and I'll put in the first couple entries. Also, because there has been much debate about some aspects of the Switch, I will be making a Middle category. Feel free to make suggestions about those ones as well.
In addition, any pro/con that is not directly from Nintendo or fully confirmed/denied will be in italics.
- Very powerful/good-looking portable device
- Out-of-the-box 2-player local multiplayer (sorta)
- Nintendo games (that is, if you like Nintendo)
- 8-player local multiplayer capabilities
- Game Cards
- Inherently weak home console (performance can't necessarily be determined before we get more information)
- Pricey accessories (going by many initial reactions)
- Paid online
- Smartphone app for online
- Small launch lineup (there may be games that haven't been announced yet)
- Battery life – said to be 2.5 – 6 hrs. Many think this is too little, but some have also mentioned that technically it is rated better than the 3DS
- Small internal storage capacity – SDXC card capabilities rumored up to 2TB when they exist and Game Cards should handle most of the storage problems
- Cost – Adjusted to inflation the Switch is technically the 4th cheapest console in history at launch. I got that from a previous post on this subreddit so let me know if that truly is correct.
Looking forward to your additions!